Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Am I ready to do a genealogy do-over? You betcha!

So, this was in my mail last week. Caught my attention because I am at an impasse on many of the relationships on my family tree. So and so says I have the wrong Yeakley...I have documentation that may not be correct. I have been working on this for years and I am ready to chuck the whole thing. Am I ready to start over? 

Along comes Thomas MacEntee from GeneaBloggers. He is starting over and is taking us along for the ride. Check out his link and see if it appeals to you too. There are lots of us who want a fresh start for many reasons. 

I can't wait until January 2 to begin again. I think it will be my best trip of the year!


4 comments:

  1. I saw his challenge but not sure I can face starting at the beginning again. I haven't been good about noting where I found stuff and I'm afraid I won't be able to find it again. I'm sure I have some mixed up lines though in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia, if I don't start over, I will be going over the same stuff again. I didn't really take the time to cite sources so I am hoping this will give me a chance to gather them correctly.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this...very interesting, and I will monitor it via the Facebook Link. I had already decided to get back to and finish my Tracks of My Georgia Ancestors in 2015. I have been very methodical in documenting research and keeping on track from one generation to the next, so I won't be starting over, but will be interested in seeing what can be added and improved. Thanks for visiting today, and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there.
    Thanks for sharing. Just stopping by briefly on my way around the 2014 A-Z Road Trip!

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete