Monday, February 10, 2014

52 Ancestors - Week 7 - Charlotte "Lottie" Warner

Charlotte "Lottie" Warner is my 4th great grandmother. The further back I go, the more connections I find. On Ancestry.com, I have connected with 300 more people who also have her in their tree. That good but they don't seem to have much more information than I have. Still, it tells me that I am related to a whole lot more people.

Charlotte was born in Craven, South Carolina on July 10, 1775. I don't have a copy of the birth record but there is a transcribed note:

"The following bible record is found on the LAGenWeb Archives at: http://files.usgwarchives,net/la/state/bible/ This record is "bible1-4.txt" in the list of records Bible Records Published by Louisiana Genealogical and Historical Society."

The letter was written by J. T. Warner, son of Thomas Cargill Warner, brother of Charlotte.

It says: "Their daughter Charlotte born April 10, 1775 and married Billy Morris. They settled on Pearl River southeast Louisiana."

The note goes on to talk about their children, one of course, was Mary B. Morris. The records indicate that she died in 1826 in St. Tammany, Louisiana.

Now, on to Elizabeth Sarah Cargill, Charlotte's mother.

8 comments:

  1. Family just keeps growing and growing and growing. The historical value of this research is fascinating too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only problem with family history is that it keeps growing. It is time consuming and before I know it, I am way behind on everything else.

      Delete
  2. A blog is a great way to store family history. Hope you'll check out my memoir blog. My most recent post might especially interest you. The link is below.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did check it out and left a comment. I also forwarded it to my brother who is interested in joining the society. Thanks for the great information.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! We'd love to see some new members become a part of the organization.

      Lee
      Wrote By Rote
      An A to Z Co-host blog

      Delete
  3. This is such a great blog on family trees and history. Fascinating.

    Stopping by to welcome you on board the A to Z Challenge April 2014
    Look forward to your challenge posts!


    Damyanti
    #atozchallenge co-host
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the welcome. I went out and read through your blog. There is so much to learn there and having spent all my life in one place, everywhere else is so much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a blog! For Christmas my grandmother sent me and my daughter a letter describing some history about my great-grandmother (who my daughter is named after). It was one of the best gifts I've ever received.

    ReplyDelete