Sunday, November 30, 2014

1934 - Merry Christmas from my grandparents and me

Ernest Marvin Yeakley (1886-1943) and Nancy Ellen Jones (1887-1938) were my grandparents. I never met them (they were gone before I was born) but they were and still are a part of my life because they lived on through my mom. I thought I had found all the really interesting stuff my mom left until I started back through it again. That's when I discovered this Christmas greeting my grandparents sent in 1934. What a treasure and what a treat. 



Merry Christmas from Marvin and Ellen Yeakley!




3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and special find, and at such an appropriate time as we enter the Christmas season. The message is timeless...just as meaningful today as in 1935. Have missed seeing your posts and your family stories.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure to have, keep and share, Ann! I can tell you have a blast going through all this stuff. Add in those childhood memories and you probably can't help but smile. It sure makes me smile every time I visit your blog, read your stories and meet your relatives :) Merry Christmas to you and yours! M. J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann - I came via MJ and no doubt many other like-minded bloggers. What a lovely treasure to have found - and I see you've been supporting MJ's food bank reminders ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete