Monday, April 7, 2014

52 Ancestors - Week 15 - Margaret Ann Shearer 1847-1893

Margaret Ann Shearer was the daughter of Solomon Shearer and Mary Eller Price. That is open to discussion because no one can agree on the true name of Mary Eller Price. It could be Mary Ellen Price and several people think her name is just Mary Eller. The marriage bond has both names so it is still up in the air. However, I digress.

Margaret Ann with the middle child of seven. Born in Kentucy in 1847, she was 20 when she married James Madison Yeakley in Texas. I don't know when the family came to Texas but it was before 1867.

She was a mother of five children, the youngest one being my grandfather, Ernest Marvin Yeakley. I suspect that Margaret Ann had very strong religious beliefs as my grandfather was a minister and lived it every day of his life, passing it on to his children. 

There is a DNA match with lgsM63. I have written to her requesting additional information and hope to hear something back soon, In the meantime, on my Ancestry tree, I only have Margaret Ann. LgsM63 has a sibling I didn't know about so it gives me another place to search for clues. Unfortunately, it makes more questions than it provides answers but I will get to the truth. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting how in old pictures like this, people frequently don't smile. She looks like she could manage things and think clearly. I've been studying Chinese face reading and each feature of the face can give insight into personality and temperament. It's based on Chinese 5 elements, which underlie acupuncture and Chinese medicine as well. You might want to check out www.wisdomof yourface.com. Aloha! Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney, I will definitely check it out. I know many of our ancestors didn't smile because they didn't have the best of teeth. It would be interesting to see how my ancestors appear to others.Thanks for the site!

      Delete