Saturday, April 12, 2014

K is for Knott's Berry Farm

This is a stretch but I don't seem to have any "K" family members that are completely researched on the Yeakley/Jones side. So, while still keeping with the A to Z requirements, I am using Knott's Berry Farm to share some family photos. 


Scott is my oldest son and I think he will be the one to carry on the genealogy. He is now interested after learning we might be able to track our past back to the Mayflower. He is a history buff so it appeals to him. 

This is Scott at Knott's Berry Farm. 1973


Christopher is my youngest son and into history too. Along with my brother, niece and nephew, they are Civil War reenactors. It is a family affair. They are Confederate mounted cavalry but also do World War II. 

This is Chris at Knott's Berry Farm. 1973

We are a California family so our lives have been spent at Knott's Berry Farm. As a small child, we took family there. This is my Dad holding my brother and my grandma holding me, The picture was taken in 1953. 
Aunt Lola brought my cousins from Washington State to visit in 1954. This is Paul, Jerry, Marlin (my brother), and Me. 
Aunt Ruth also visited in 1954. This is my mom, Aunt Ruth, and my cousin Annette taken in front of the Jail. 

We took Granny in 1965. My dad and I are in the back. In the front, Granny and my annoying brother. 

As my kids have grown up, they have spent a lot of time there too. This is Chris and Scott. They are a little older. 1974
 

 They were not happy with this photo. They wanted to be outlaws, I wanted school boys. I won. 

 They finally got their wish as young men. This is their favorite Knott's picture. 

Knott's is a totally family affair. Gary and I were married in Las Vegas without photographs. We went to Knott's for our official wedding photo. 1983

We are raising our grandson and spend lots of time at Knott's still. This is Gary, Chris and Niles. Niles is an outlaw in training. 2011

As long as we can, we will continue with the tradition of the pictures. After all, it is part of our family history. 

BTW - Gary goes to Knott's for the chicken dinner. We make several trips a year just to eat there. It's like an obsession. 

13 comments:

  1. What a great collection of Family Photos from Knots Berry Farm. Why is that being the Outlaw of the Family is so appealing....LOL!!! We have Six Flags Over Texas for our similar excursions and photos. Congrats on making it through Week #2. Thanks for your visits and comments on my AtoZ 'fiction from forgotten fotos'.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outlaws are exciting, school boys are not. I am enjoying your forgotten fotos'.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to know you have someone in the wings ready to fill your shoes researching family history. I'm not seeing the gene bug around here.
    Wendy at Jollett Etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bug just started but I think I have him hooked. He's not a youngster so give the gene bug some time.

      Delete
  3. What a clever idea for K. I had a smile on my face all the way through your photos and memories. Just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi; visiting from A/Z; I like your theme for the challenge. This was cute to do one on Knotts Berry Farm and include the cute photos that you did. I do like your boys as school boys, I think they look somewhat distinguished in that picture.

    Yep, you are right, the chicken dinner there is the best!

    Enjoy the rest of the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vintage pics. It's so great that you have them and can share them. Many pics are left in boxes, unlabeled. Who knows who those people were? My mom left me pics of people who were important in her life, and I can't ask her now who they were.

    Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed these! I was surprised to know those two cowboys/outlaws have been sitting on that bench waiting for photo ops all the way since 1953 (and maybe even before). I have a photo of my kids and their friends draped all over those guys in 1994. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Knott's Berry Farm! Every time we went, we brought back (to Mexico) tons of jam and conserves. Just the name brings me wonderful memories--thank you for that! I loved your photos, too--I adore old family photos :)
    Guilie @ Life In Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I visited Knott's Berry Farm with my parents in 1974, and it was a great time! My dad and I rode on the stagecoach and it got "robbed" by an outlaw gang - so fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sons are quite good looking outlaws back when. It's nice to have so many family photos taken over time in the same place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sons are quite good looking outlaws back when. It's nice to have so many family photos taken over time in the same place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post and I follow Knott's on FB. I worked there for five years but remember going as a child in the 60's. Your photos are great. I had even thought of getting married at the Church of Reflections but went to Hawaii instead.

    ReplyDelete